Localized rankings are easier than national rankings. Here are my steps for this.
- Claim and use your Google My Business page. This will help put you on the ‘map’ and be found when searches are done on a mobile phone. You can enter in all kinds of details about your business here and even add blog posts there with buttons back to your website.
- Claim and use your Facebook page. You may want to look around for a few duplicate accounts and get merge them right away. How do I merge 2 Facebook Pages?
- If you have a WordPress site set up the Jetpack plugin and make it so that whenever you publish a post that it will automatically post to your other social media accounts.
- Consider starting other social media accounts like Instagram, Twitter, etc. and post to them regularly.
- NAP. Put your name, address, and phone number on every page of your website to help with putting a location on each page.
- Set up schema tags for your pages. Schemas | Directory API | Google Developers
- Submit your business to local, niche directories.
- Get involved in local events have their websites point to yours.
- Submit your website to Moz Local